From Jennifer Martin.- it is with great disappointment that I read the opinion piece by Dr. Jenny Martin (put ice on the hype around medical marijuana "Herald, 08.12).
I am not a doctor but I have a better understanding of the therapeutic benefits of cannabis for patients in extreme need to die after my son of colorectal cancer last year.
The onslaught to act on medical use of cannabis is driven by thousands of Australians, such as Dan who has not had sufficient results with medicines and the approach of illegal cannabis as a last resort.
I have heard directly from hundreds of these sick and desperate patients, and I think if we see ourselves as a compassionate country, we have to thank patients to provide a traditional pharmaceutical natural alternative if that is what works on Best for the individual.
This was the case of Dan.
The reality is that medical use of cannabis is approved all over the world in many countries are successfully treating many conditions including pediatric refractory epilepsy and improved the quality of life of hundreds of thousands of patients.
It is desirable that patients have medical supervision, it is desirable that patients are aware that they are prescribed the right dose for your specific needs and it is desirable that they can safely access medical cannabis cultivated under good practices Of pesticides, chemicals and counterfeiting.
Fortunately, Australia has the ability to do so. TGA regulates the production of herbal medicines and with very high standards.
I think the approach "slow and steady" so Dr. Martin actually forces people to endanger all the problems I just mentioned.
Dr. Martin, using the example of a patient who thought he was dying of cannabis. No mention age It was, had no mention of other drugs or if the access to the patient from an unknown variety of the illegal market.
This underlines the need for quality control and stresses the need for adequate medical supervision, advice at the right dose, dose and type of administration.
I agree that Dr. Martin will not feel comfortable with these patients, but there are many skilled and abroad trained who are willing to share their knowledge with those who are willing to learn professionally.
You will remember that I invited to Germany in Compassion Medical Cannabis Symposium in May.
He had visited as the thousands of people who actually belong to doctors and scientists in the United States, Israel and Spain, and how they help people with a variety of conditions.
Another important fact is to create interest in the world is to show statistical evidence that emerges from the US states where medical marijuana is used for pain, anxiety and depression, significant reduction in the deaths of opiates, and an enormous Cost savings for the health care system.







0 comentarios:
Publicar un comentario